Friday, February 9, 2007

My First steps to this corporate world!

19 Sep ’05 - My first day in corporate world! Welcome Khushboo :) I never entered this industry to work on a java project, to go to onsite, to get a CRR 1 rating. Who cares! It’s a job, everyone gets the same pay. I was here to enjoy the feeling of getting paid at age of just 21. I just can’t describe that feeling in words when those first 16,000 and some amount of rupees were transferred to my account….I had earned these myself by just attending some classes and training, which won’t have any meaning my career life. Thousands of miles away from our family we are here just to earn! Why? Ah! Its brand name you see…You won’t get it there. I wish these people had opened one office at my hometown itself. I should not crib, I’m lucky have got so many friends here. But only He knows for how long! Today I have so many expectations from my life, specifically from my career. All of a sudden so many thoughts are haunting me? Someone from inside me asks “What have you learnt in these 1 and a half years?” I have to think deeply to answer this question. Of course I did! How people become PM’s pet, how they get rewards and recognitions by not working at all, how they go to onsite by just not touching the keyboard! It happens! You don’t believe me? More to tell, most of the guys get a chance to go onsite because as they say “girls will leave the company when they get married”? As if the guys won’t do that! People like my mother say you’ll go one day- "Go with your husband! Why to go alone!" Who cares! Who wants to go then? Why don’t they understand we want to go on our own! I know I’ll fly one day or the other! But someone recognizes your talent and sends you at this age– it’s a different feeling. Its not that it doesn’t happen here, but only for those who are lucky. I feel there’s a random number generator which decides your fate here! Don’t start comprehending my writing and going to conclusions. It’s not out of jealousy! It’s my inner wish that these companies, so called –‘Driven by values’ should reform for some reasons and for some people…..

2 comments:

ubuntu said...

welcome to blogger park ma'am.
Ya it was a pain in the neck to call air sahara CC knowign they wont do anything.
And yes same feelings here too regarding ur first post, keep writing well, i remember college girl khushboo use to write poems, so follow ur heart.

And yes :
" kyon darrein zindagi se kya hoga,
kuch na hoga to ta{z/j}urbaa hoga"

Deep said...

"...how they go to onsite by just not touching the keyboard! It happens! You don’t believe me?..."
ho ho, I am not sure about how one could get to go onsite "by just not touching the keyboard" I embrace your words of discovery about the corporate world. I have seen a similar world. If one is in the IT hub, when people ask about your job, they readily understand it saying "o! software!". Even though it may be a BPO, KPO, or any other IT related field.

You see, even the common man now knows its value.. and where it comes from ....people like you and me who get spoiled with the paychecks(as you have mentioned when you got yours, all others also would be), and all those common people try to take advantage of this paycheck...no matter what amount has been scibbled on it.

And you know what..more than half of the young souls aspire a 's/w' job all because of the dollar dreams, though there's nothing wrong in that! Ask yourself if you fall in this half or the other!