Monday, May 28, 2007

Its raining in bangalore!

Yesterday was a day where I made wrong decisions and got struck everywhere all because of rain. I went to a nearby market along with a friend for some shopping. We intended to come back early as we had planned to watch a TV show at 8. As I was leaving I saw so many clothes (that I had washed) hanging outside.A thought came to my mind - “oh..they are dried now but I’ll pick them up after coming back. Anyway I’m coming early today”.

We were done with our shopping by 7 pm. It started drizzling! We had two options: 1. To go back home and 2. Do some internet surfing and then go back home. We thought that this drizzling will also stop by that time (high hopes!) And we made the wrong decision of going to cyber cafĂ©. Just after 10 mins, we heard the noise of heavy rain. We were done with net surfing in 15 mins, but we didn’t even dare to step out. At 7.38 pm we made up our mind to leave. We didn’t want to miss our TV show :(. It was raining cats and dogs. We saw so many people standing inside the shops, waiting for this rain to stop. We thought waiting is of no use, we have to go at any cost. We moved to a place where we usually get an auto easily. Auto drivers were moving like kings yesterday. They didn’t even want to look at people like us who were trying to stop them. Some autos were already full. Some were asking hundred for a distance that is worth Rs. 12/-. We were completely drenched by that time. The weather was pleasant but it made us shiver for a moment. We just noticed that we are in front of a coffee shop. We decided to sip a coffee. There were so many people standing in front of that coffee shop. I bet that shop’s owner was the happiest person at that time, because his coffee was selling like hot cakes. I wish my parents were in Bangalore and I could call up my father to pick us from there. Called up friends to tell our story and hoping they could come to rescue us. Got to know that even they are struck up in the rain in some other place .At 8.20 pm we decided to move. It was still raining but it was no use waiting there. We decided to move a bit. Finally at 8.45 pm we got an auto whose driver agreed to come to our place for 40 bucks for a distance which is worth 12 bucks but we were so tired by that time! We hired that auto and finally reached home. All my dried clothes that were hanging out side were drenched with water by that time.
Finally we could see the end of that TV show :)

1 comment:

Jaya said...

Hey, This looks like some interesting, pouring soup you landed into. I wouldn't want to trade places(because of the effort wasted on laundry) but looks like you guys sure had fun :-)